Foreign travel

University employees who travel on authorized university business outside of the United States are provided insurance coverage for liability and workers' compensation through the Arizona Department of Administration, Risk Management Section, in accordance with Arizona State law. University property used in authorized foreign travel is covered under the university's property insurance coverage program. All university employees are encouraged to print a foreign travel insurance card.

For more information, please review the university's foreign travel policy, and the foreign travel insurance policy.

Emergency travel assistance

Always carry a foreign travel insurance card.

Before obtaining medical or non-medical assistance call:

  • 日本一本道a不卡免费1-844-593-8860 in Canada.

  • 日本一本道a不卡免费For calls outside the United States or Canada, for security assistance call collect at 1-647-775-9044.

  • 日本一本道a不卡免费Please identify yourself as an insured of Zurich North America.

  • The policy group name is: State of Arizona.

  • 日本一本道a不卡免费The insurance identification number is: GTU 3032184.

Domestic and international emergency travel is available to assist university employees during business travel, provided such travel is at least 100 miles or more away from the traveler's permanent address. Services include:

  • 日本一本道a不卡免费emergency medical evacuation assistance

  • emergency message service

  • emergency translation service

  • 日本一本道a不卡免费emergency travel agency services

  • legal referral assistance

  • 日本一本道a不卡免费lost document service

  • lost luggage assistance

  • medical emergency services coordination

  • medication shipment service

  • pre-trip assistance

  • repatriation coordination

Coverage and services apply only to university employees while traveling on behalf of the University. Travelers should contact their personal health care insurer for details on their medical coverage should the traveler become ill or injured when unrelated to university business.

Traveling to sanctioned countries

A list of federally sanctioned countries is available on the .

日本一本道a不卡免费Foreign workers' compensation and liability coverage may not be provided for employees traveling to federally sanctioned countries unless ADOA Risk Management Section has been notified at least two months in advance. Employees traveling to federally sanctioned countries on ASU business must determine if a license is necessary from the U.S. Treasury Department, and, if so, to submit the license along with the travel dates, specific purpose of the trip, and a copy of the travel itinerary to ASU Insurance Services. Travel dates, specific purpose of the trip, and a copy of the itinerary must be submitted irrespective of whether a license is a requirement for travel to a specific federally sanctioned country.

ASU Insurance Services will submit all documentation to ADOA Risk Management Section for their determination if additional insurance is necessary. The traveler's department is responsible for the cost associated with purchasing additional insurance.

Workers' compensation

In the event of a work-related illness or injury, seek appropriate medical attention. Contact ASU Human Resources Benefits Office at ASK HR, the State of Arizona Workers' Compensation Early Claims Reporting Service at 800-837-8583, and your immediate supervisor within 48 hours of the illness or injury to file a workers' compensation claim.