The Zero Waste department provides the following services to all ASU campuses
The Zero Waste team completes service requests on the Tempe campus daily. Other valley campuses are serviced once a week.
- Monday: Tempe campus
- Tuesday: Polytechnic and Tempe campuses
- Wednesday: Tempe campus
- Thursday: Downtown, Tempe, Thunderbird, and West campuses
- Friday: Tempe campus
Custodial Services empties all of the recycling and landfill bins in common areas and brings the waste to appropriate dumpster locations. Waste is then hauled by to either ReCommunity, (blue bin/commingled recycling), (green bin/food waste), or a landfill.
Provision of tools
日本一本道a不卡免费The Zero Waste team manages the procurement of
- Compost bins
- Recycling blue bins
- Special collection bins
If you need a bin, submit a request.
Students that live on campus and need a bin for their residence hall room must submit a Facilities Management Maintenance request.
Signature Zero Waste Events
- Dine Healthy be Healthy – To celebrate National Nutritional Health month, this event helps Sun Devils make healthy decisions on the foods they purchase. The Zero Waste team supports Sun Devil Dining in making this event zero waste.
- Eat Well Live Well – A free food event to promote the awareness of local sustainable food options. The Zero Waste team supports Sun Devil Dining in making this event zero waste.
- Green Games – The Zero Waste team supports with waste diversion at all Tempe campus . Each ASU sport commits to hosting one green game per season.
- New Student Orientation Lunches –The Zero Waste team supports New Student and Family Programs and the Memorial Union in making each orientation lunch a zero waste event.
- Staff BBQs – The Zero Waste team supports ASU Staff Council in making each campus staff appreciation BBQ a zero waste event
The Zero Waste department manages the tracking and reporting of all metrics related to solid waste and the university zero waste goal.
ASU also reports its metrics to several national programs for waste diversion and aversion.
- – A pledge to improve ASU's sustainable food management practices
- – Nationwide competition among universities that encourages recycling and waste reduction at football games
- – Recycling competition among Pac-12 schools during football and basketball seasons.
- – Universities compete to improve recycling and waste reduction efforts on campus